What is it about New Year’s that causes us to reflect upon our lives and accomplishments? Most of us want to live life as fully as we can. Thus, January comes and we annually draw a line in the sand and claim a starting point for our next chapter.
Yet, for all the initial enthusiasm, staying motivated, committed, and moving towards our goals is often tough. No worries! We’ve pulled together a mix of fun tools, creative strategies, and new mindsets that you can apply to building new pathways in your life. Some might be broad and applicable beyond the scope of creativity—but that’s exactly the point. The best creative development is an extension of real life engagement.
• Dare to be different. It’s time to try something new and exciting that moves you. Show the world the real you.
• Take what you’re passionate about and make it part of your career and life. Love what you do; do what you love.
• Being creative is a way of life, so make it a priority. Set aside a little time each day for creativity.
• Make a difference in someone’s life with the smallest gesture, a few words of encouragement, or a simple act of kindness with our tiny LeafLet Notes.
• Go out in nature every day for inspiration. It will nurture your mind, body, and soul.
• Surround yourself with people who support your passion and creativity. Get inspired, make art, and celebrate creativity in good company by joining our Creative Brew Night.
• Give back. Find a cause that speaks to you, and support it in such a way that it becomes a part of you and your story.
• Turn that project or concept you’ve been dreaming of into a reality. Reawaken your creativity, and ignite your next big idea with our Sparks Journal.
• Go on a creative retreat, and immerse yourself in your art. (I’m treating myself to a creative retreat this year. Stay tune, for more to come…)
Have some fun with this selection of creative tools and strategies. Share it with friends and colleagues, and print and post it where you can see it everyday. If you’re looking for a new path to explore, do something creative. Follow your passion and become a creative force for positive change in your life. Go into this year with the mindset that anything is possible and there are all sorts of things you can do. Find something you LOVE, and DO IT!
Best of luck in 2017!
CONNECT + SHARE
What breakthrough mindsets and creative strategies are you applying to this year? Share with us how you’re making passion and creativity a priority in your career and life. Connect with our online creative community by posting a comment to this blog or chatting with us over e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or LinkedIn.